Discover more from Club Elevate+Aspire+
Are Your High Standards Putting You at Risk of Burning Out?
As entrepreneurs driven by high standards of excellence, we are the most likely to drive ourselves straight into burnout if we’re not careful.
Did you know there are actually 6 causes of burnout?
While most people know (theoretically at least) about the dangers of hustling too hard - that’s just one trigger that can lead to burnout.
According to researchers Christina Maslach and Michael P. Leiter, the 6 causes of burnout are:
1. Work Overload
2. Lack of Autonomy / Perceived Control
3. Lack of Reward
4. Lack of Supportive & Trusting Community
6. Values Mismatch
If you’re wondering whether you should try to salvage your current situation, or start putting in the effort to move on, consider if/how you can attain:
1. A Calm & Energized Sense of Productivity
2. The Sense of Choosing Your Destiny & Captaining Your Own Ship
3. Appropriate Rewards for Your Efforts
4. An Understanding Community, Ideally Including People Who’ve Already Achieved Your Desired Goals
5. Clear Rules in Place for Fair Play
6. Values Alignment
Are you in danger of burning out?